The caprese of summer: watermelon and feta. It’s a winning salty-sweet combination that I’m sure you’ve seen before. This version adds fresh lime, mint and black pepper for some extra brightness and depth of flavor. The dish is light and refreshing— perfect alongside just about anything to come off of your grill this season.
- 3 cups chopped watermelon (about 1 inch pieces)
- 5 ounces feta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh mint for garnish
In a large bowl, add the watermelon and feta. Drizzle the lime juice and olive oil over the top and season with pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with torn mint leaves. Serve immediately.